When I was very young my dad took lots of photos. I remember he used our bathroom as a dark room. We had boxes of photos and I’d spend hours looking at them. I have always been quite creative and since I had my own camera I kept taking lots of photographs, but never got around to understand how a camera works. I even bought a 35mm SLR so I could take ” better photos” but gave up trying to understand it and used it in Auto mode.
Then years later someone told me about a photography course nearby. I went for it and took a course with Rob Irving. He made me realise that it was not as difficult as I thought and with his enthusiasm, encouragement and support I could see the first results.
What do I love about photography? Well, it makes me happy. I always try to capture an ordinary moment and make it extraordinary. And when that happens it brings a smile on my face.
- My dream shoot? I’m not really sure, but when it comes I’m sure I will know.
- Time with Camera? Not as often as I would like
- Favourite Subject? My children
- Favourite Piece of Kit? AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 lens
- If I could travel in time? I’d be exactly where I am right now
- What is the first thing you notice about people? Their face
- What is the last thing you ate? Miso soup
- If you were a crayon, which colour would you be? Blue, but don’t ask me why.
- Mountain cabin or beach house? Both
- Last book you read? I really can’t remember, but it will be probably one of the children’s books.
- What is the furthest you’ve been from home? Because of my previous job, I travelled quite a bit of world. But I guess it would be New Zealand.
- Top of your bucket list? See Aurora Borealis
[su_box title=”Petra Hancox – Featured Photographer” box_color=”#0e6107″ radius=”1″]Petra Hancox. Enthusiastic photographer whose daily routine can include school runs, dog walks, occasional work in local playgroup, and………………… taking photographs of my family.
Location: Holmbury St. Mary U.K.