Chobe Photo SafariChobe National Park Photo Safari Botswana
Chobe Photo Safari – Prices from £1298.00
We have a choice of 4, 5, 7 or 10 nights Photo Safari in the stunning Chobe National Park in Northern Botswana, Africa:
- The magnificent Chobe River sustains the largest population of African Elephants in the world.
- The Chobe National Park offers some of the most spectacular photo opportunities for African wildlife.
- Free use of professional Nikon equipment including, either a 500mm or 600mm lens.
- Optional Day trip to Victoria Falls.
- Your tutor will be an experienced Safari photographer.
This is an opportunity not to be missed, Africa and all is magic, Chobe National Park located in the most spectacular of locations and meeting fellow photographers.
Chobe Photo Safari 2017
- 2017 To Be Announced.
Prices From: £1598.00
Deposit From: £800.00
Who is this for?
This is for anyone who has ever dreamed of going on safari and of taking professional level photographs. A good knowledge of operating a DSLR camera is required, but even if you are new to photography all essential equipment are supplied. Nikon camera bodies with either 500mm or 600mm lenses are supplied, or you can bring your own camera body and other lenses.
Our Daily Routine (Season Dependent)
- Depart at around 6h.00 after coffee and rusks until 9h.30 when we return to the lodge for a big and scrumptious brunch.
- After this you are welcome to join us in the boardroom where we will discuss individual images and teach you what we perceive to be proper editing as well as one-on-one skill development. This part of the day is voluntary.
- Around 15h.30 we depart again for our afternoon session, returning to the lodge around 18h.00. After freshening up, we meet at the bar for a sundowner before we have dinner and retire at around 21h.00 for a well deserved nights rest.
This is our routine for almost every day except the day of arrival and departure when we will only do an afternoon session on the arrival day and a morning session on the day of departure.
The Magic of the Chobe National Park
It is impossible to describe the sheer magic of the Chobe National Park in Northern Botswana where the magnificent Chobe River sustains the largest population of African Elephants in the world. Being on a photography boat on the river and observing the frantic behaviour of a herd of elephants as they cross the river fifteen meters in front of you is a phenomenal experience, as is the adrenalin rush of capturing images of hippos at eye-level or enjoying the comical behaviour of a troop of Chacma Baboons as they traverse the river from an island to the mainland. However, Chobe is not only a mammalian paradise. The abundance of bird life will provide photographers of all levels with unbelievably exquisite photographic opportunities. Each photographer accompanying WPA on a Chobe photographic safari will have the luxury of his or her own swiveling photographic chair with a “tripod” column equipped with a Wimberley head and a cranking system that not only extends up and down but which can be moved closer or further away from the photographer. During your Chobe Photographic Safari you will be assisted with the processes of labeling, archiving and editing your daily images. And after your safari, you will arrive home, not only with amazing memories and experiences, but also with a substantial library of professionally edited images.
Included in the Price:
- 4 Star accommodation at either Chobe Marina Lodge or Chobe Safari Lodge
- Accommodation, breakfast and evening dinner
- Maximum of ten (10) individuals
- Park Fees
- Boat Fees
- Free use of professional Nikon equipment including either 500mm or 600mm lens
- Snacks and non-alcoholic beverages while on the boat
- Daily, professional, editing and photography support
- Optional Day trip to Victoria Falls with lunch
Not included in the Price:
- Your flights to and from Botswana
- Alcoholic drinks
- Laptop computers
- Memory cards
*All prices are quoted and charged in £ – Pounds Sterling. To check the latest exchange rate please click here: XE Currency Converter. Please read the WPA Terms & Conditions – page opens in a new tab. We use the online payment systems PayPal to ensure your credit card details are secure and trusted. Once you have completed our online booking form click submit and you will automatically be directed to the secure PayPal payment page.